DOES IT HURT?
Pain is only temporary!! – I use the highest quality wax and a method that any discomfort is at an absolute minimum, on the whole it is not an unpleasant experience.
It is the most effective method of temporary hair removal. Large areas of hair can be removed quickly and the area can remain hair free for several weeks.
IS IT SUITABLE FOR ALL?
Yes, waxing is safe and very effective, but –
It cannot be carried out on:
- sunburnt skin
- varicose veins
- skin diseases,/skin disorders, – eg eczema or psoriasis
- cuts and abrasions, broken skin
- warts and hairy moles
- Any bacterial, viral or fungal infection
- Eye disorders such as conjunctivitis when treating the face
- Swellings – the cause may be medical
- Diabetes – makes the client vulnerable to infection as they have slow skin healing
- Defective circulation – poor skin healing may occur
- Recent scar tissue (under 6 months old)- the skin lacks elasticity
- Fractures or sprains – discomfort may occur
- Phlebitis – an inflammatory condition of the vein
- Retin-A – Tetracycline medication as the skin is more sensitive, weaker and prone to skin irritation and tearing
- Loss of skin sensation – you would be unable to identify if wax was too hot
- Allergies to products such as the ingredient resin, found in wax
- Use of RoAccutane or other acne products– need to wait at least 6 months after finishing course.
- Use of vitamin A skin care, glycolic acid or other AHA or BHA products
- Use of steroid cream or steroid medication in the last 3 months
- Waxing during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy
Some prescriptions make the skin more sensitive. Thin skin is more vulnerable to lifting and I do not want to hurt you, so if you are unsure please seek medical advice first.
In the days leading up to your treatment, it is recommended that you observe the following:
- No sunbeds, sunbathing or heat treatments for 24 hours before.
- No chemical exfoliates to be used for 48 hours before treatment.
- No oils, body lotions or moisturisers to be used on the day of the appointment.
- If possible, gently exfoliate the skin a couple of days before treatment using a body scrub or exfoliating mitt. This helps to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and lifts the hairs for better results.
- Avoid working out a couple of hours before treatment.
After waxing please ensure that you look after your skin in the days following so that you get the best possible results from your treatment. Keep waxed area clean and avoid heat friction for 24-48 hours.
- No hot baths/showers (warm fine)
- No sauna, steam room
- No tanning, spray or sunbed
- Avoid high intensity exercise
Use a dry body brush to gently exfoliate after a couple of days, then 2-3 times a week thereafter- Baby oil used when you have showered/bathed whilst skin is still damp leaves the skin nicely moisturised. Gentlemen can on occasions after getting their back/chest wax experience a break out of spots– treat with an antibacterial wash but if they persist seek advice from your GP as may need antibiotics as the hair follicle may have become inflamed.
Ingrowing hairs can occur despite exfoliating, apply a product specifically for ingrowing hairs, or Magnesium Sulphate, which will draw the hair to the surface, so then you can easily remove it.
HOW LONG DOES THE HAIR NEED TO BE?
For best results, you should have at least 4 weeks’ growth from your last wax, or 3 weeks’ from your last shave. As a rule, hair length of approximately half an inch (12mm) is ideal. You can trim the hair to this length yourself prior to your arrival, by using clippers or scissors or this can be done at your appointment if unable to this yourself.
Please don’t shave in between appointments as it defeats the object and shaved hair is tougher and has stubbly growth.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST?
This depends, as everyone’s different. During the first 3 weeks you will see slow regrowth, which increases thereafter. The more regularly you get waxed you will notice that the hair becomes finer and sparser.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET WAXED?
I would recommend you attend every 4-5 weeks to keep the best results and looking smooth, but it is entirely up to you.
I am a professional waxer and do not offer any other services, so please only contact me for the treatments listed.
Appointments available Monday to Saturday – I allow sufficient time for your appointment to give you the best possible service, so please arrive on time.
Please arrive clean and fresh for your appointment. Follow us on facebook
I am fully insured with ABT Associated Beauty Therapists